Girl playing at playground

If your child has a disability, you are his or her most important advocate. You may need information about your child’s disability, early intervention (for a baby or toddler), school services (for a school-aged child), therapy, transportation, and much more.

Help is available. Every state has at least one parent training and information center (PTI) to offer families just this kind of information. Many states also have a community parent resource center (CPRC), which offers the same type of support and training to parents of children with disabilities.